A new update has landed and it’s going to turn your world upside down!
Have you always wanted to see what the underside of your boat looks like? Well now you can!
Your boat can now be tipped over by waves – why not find a storm and find out? Or attempt to not find out.
- Foils, Waterballast and Canting keel can be controlled in the navigation window and has a direct effect on boat heel.
- Your own body weight and that of your crew now has effect on boat heel.
- Avatar images of the crew members are displayed at the position they are seated when you hover the mouse over it.
- Waterballast has effect on wet surface and waterline.
- Keels are tilted visibly.
- Foils and keels of other boats are now synchronized.
- A 3rd instrument has been added to the navigation window. It becomes visible when the window is made wide enough for it to fit. The instrument shows GPS position, depth, VMG, windshifts and heel.
- Computation of boat heel used to have damping at greater angles to prevent boats from tipping over. This damping is removed, and boats can capsize now.
- Heel is computed with respect to the horizon instead of the boat as it moves in the waves. As one of the results, boats can also be tipped over by waves.
- When the boat is visible on the map, the optimal course and shortest distance to the location under the cursor are shown. (The optimal course uses the curvature of the earth).
- Foil drag incorporated in the speed algorithm, which makes it disadvantegeous to extend foils at low windspeeds.
- Foil lift now has more effect on boat wet surface, and angle in the water.
- Foils give more lift and the nose comes up a bit more.
- Boat heel has an increased effect on drag, which reduces boat speed.
- Computation of sideways drift is altered and produces more drift now.
- Wind drag computations have been altered, which makes planing boats a bit slower downwind.
- Polars have altered slightly due to the new heel and drag computations.
- Color correction has been changed so that there is less saturation at night, but better visibility.
- Navigation window would be displayed above the top edge of the screen after a screen resize.
- Bottom and top part of navigation window had incorrect height after a screen resize.
- Latitude lines on the map where a few seconds off near the poles.
- The displayed angle of boat heading in the map was incorrect near the poles.
- Gennaker was raised too soon in auto sail mode.
- Boats would tend to dive down too much.
- Waterlevel under the boat is artificially lowered to prevent it from showing though the cockpit bottom. But the amount now gets reduced as the (foiling) boat sits higher on the water.
- Foil lift was not yet implemented in boats of other sailors that were visible on your screen.
We have a Discord server with a dedicated area for all our Sailaway fans!
Discuss the game, meet the developers, and post your epic Sailaway screenshots for all to see!
Join here! –> https://discord.gg/aJYMJpN
We also have a newsletter! Signing up to this will get you information about new updates and releases on Sailaway and all Irregular Corporation games!
Sign up here! –> http://eepurl.com/ctOjwP
Happy sailing once again!
The Sailaway Team