PC Building Simulator | PC Update v1.9
Hello PC Builders!
Today we’re inviting you to hop on and enjoy our latest patch, v1.9 which is one of our biggest yet. In this update we’re announcing the AORUS Workshop DLC along with heaps of fresh hardware including Intel’s 10th generation Comet Lake and AMD’s Ryzen XT CPUs. Finally, thanks to all the community feedback we’re rolling out some new difficulty settings for the Esports Expansion DLC. But first, by popular demand…
Introducing the MSI GeForce RTX™ 3090
As many of you who reached out to us via social media, Discord, and the support email know; we’re consistently working around the clock to bring the latest hardware to the game. Today we get to reveal the first NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 30 Series graphics cards in PC Building Simulator, with special thanks to team at MSI.
AORUS Workshop DLC
Created in collaboration with AORUS powered by GIGABYTE we’re unleashing a brand new workshop space giving players an exciting change of scenery. Featuring a high tech aesthetic, plenty of space to build, and giving centre stage to the famed AORUS ROBOT mascot. Check out the trailer here:
Esports Expansion DLC
Over the past few months we’ve heard significant feedback from the community around the Esports Expansion. Initially we followed up with a number of bug fixes and pledged to address the concerns reported over the launch. Today we’re pushing a number of adjustments, including difficulty toggles. These can be applied to both new and existing games – tweaking timers, revealing hidden objectives and more to customise your experience. Try them out and let us know what you think.
We’ve also received additional input on our Chinese localisation, this has allowed us to ensure that the translated job objectives are significantly clearer and more understandable to players than ever before.
Additionally, in this update we’re bringing in over 60 extra parts along with another new feature for PC Building Simulator making it easier than ever to find the ones you want:
Onto the parts themselves, we’re excited to showcase some of our favourites along with a full list of goodies below.
MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION / AMD Ryzen XT CPUs
MSI MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI / Intel 10th generation (Comet Lake)
bequiet Pure Base 500DX
CORSAIR DOMINATOR® PLATINUM Special Edition CONTRAST 8GB DDR4 3466
GIGABTYE AORUS FI27Q-P Gaming Monitor
HyperX Alloy Elite 2 Keyboard
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC HYDRO COPPER GAMING
COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Advanced OC-V GPU
Full parts list:
- ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WiFI)
- MSI X570 A PRO
- ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING
- MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
- MSI TRX40 PRO WIFI
- MSI MPG Z490M GAMING EDGE WIFI
- MSI MAG B460M BAZOOKA
- MSI MEG Z490I UNIFY
- MSI MAG B460 TOMAHAWK
- MSI MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI
- bequiet Pure Base 500DX
- bequiet Pure Base 500 Window
- bequiet Pure Base 500
- ADATA XPG Levante
- Arctic P120 BioniX colour variants
- Arctic BioniX P140 colour variants
- Arctic BioniX F140 colour variants
- Arctic BioniX F120 colour variants
- Fractal Design Prisma AL-14
- Fractal Design Prisma AL-12
- Fractal Design Ion+ Platinum
- Fractal Design Ion SFX-L Gold
- CORSAIR DOMINATOR® PLATINUM Special Edition CONTRAST 8GB DDR4 3466
- HyperX FURY DDR4 RGB RAM
- MSI GeForce RTX™ 3090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC
- MSI GeForce RTX™ 3090 GAMING X TRIO 24G
- MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER™ GAMING X TRIO
- MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING X TRIO
- MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING X
- MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING X
- MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER™ VENTUS XS OC
- MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER™ VENTUS GP OC
- MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER™ VENTUS GP OC
- MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER™ ARMOR OC
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Vulcan X OC GPU
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Advanced OC-V GPU
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 Advanced-V GPU
- GIGABYTE AORUS Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8G
- GIGABYTE Radeon™ RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G
- GIGABYTE Radeon™ RX 5700 GAMING OC 8G
- GIGABYTE Radeon™ RX 5600 XT WINDFORCE OC 6G
- GIGABYTE AORUS Radeon™ RX 5500 XT OC 8G
- GIGABYTE Radeon™ RX 5600 XT GAMING OC 6G
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC HYDRO COPPER GAMING
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER FTW3 HYDRO COPPER GAMING
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER FTW3 ULTRA+
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SC ULTRA GAMING
- AMD Ryzen 3 3100 / 3300X CPUs
- AMD Ryzen XT CPUs
- Intel 10th generation (Comet Lake) CPUs for LGA1200 (Z490) motherboards
- HyperX Alloy Origins Core Keyboard
- HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Keyboard
- HyperX Alloy Origins Keyboard
- HyperX Alloy Core RGB Keyboard
- HyperX Alloy Elite 2 Keyboard
- G.SKILL KM360 Keyboard
- HyperX Pulsefire Dart
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Pro Mouse
- CORSAIR M55 RGB PRO Ambidextrous Multi-Grip Gaming Mouse
- CORSAIR NIGHTSWORD RGB Tunable FPS/MOBA Gaming Mouse
- CORSAIR GLAIVE RGB PRO Gaming Mouse — Aluminium
- HyperX Pulsefire Raid Mouse
- GIGABTYE AORUS FI27Q-P Gaming Monitor
- HyperX FURY Ultra RGB
- NVIDIA NVLINK bridge for RTX3000 series
Finally both our programming and support teams have been hard at work reproducing and squashing bugs. We’d like to thank the community taking the time to report bugs going and sharing their save files with us so we can troubleshoot, the fixes from which make up a sizable chunk of the list below:
- Fixed an issue which lead some users to experience corrupt save files after the 1.8.1 update
- Fixed a crash which occurred when leaving a PC in Career Mode.
- GPU tuner will now correctly show “MHz” instead of “M”. (Thanks ‘Jacob’ via Discord)
- Fixed an issue preventing “Parts for this PC” checkbox from being clickable. (Thanks to ‘QashqaiSauvage’ via Discord)
- Fixed an issue preventing Ryzen Threadripper 3990X specifications being correctly recognised.
- Fixed an issue causing emails headers in Chinese localisation from displaying incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue with the CORSAIR logo on the CORSAIR Obsidian Series 1000D case logo displaying incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue with the CORSAIR logo on the CORSAIR Obsidian Series 900D case logo displaying incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue with the CORSAIR logo on the CORSAIR Obsidian Series 750D case logo displaying at a lower than intended quality.
- Fixed an issue with the CORSAIR logo on the CORSAIR Carbide Series 175R RGB case logo displaying at a lower than intended quality.
- Fixed an issue with the CORSAIR logo on the CORSAIR Graphite Series 380T (Black) case logo displaying at a lower than intended quality.
- Fixed an issue with the Razer logo displaying at a lower than intended quality on some mouse peripherals.
- Fixed an issue preventing installation of a CORSAIR XR7 360 Radiator in the XPG Dominator case. – (Thanks to ‘Git Gud’)
- Case fans will now face the correct direction in the Cooler Master Mastercase H500P. – (Thanks to ‘Loretta’)
- Fixed an exploit used to create infinite money through PC Bay. – (Thanks to ‘Jacob’ via Discord)
- Fixed a number of issues with the Rajintek Silenos case. – (Thanks to ‘Mike’)
- Micro-ATX is now correctly supported for the Rajintek NYX PRO case. – (Thanks to ‘Jacob’ via Discord)
- Fixed an issue preventing players from connecting radiators in the Silverstone RVX01 case. – (Thanks to ‘LSh.st / 루샥’ )
- Lian Li Tu-150 Windowed (Black) case now correctly has 165mm of CPU cooler clearance – (Thanks to ‘Harper’)
One more thing…
The eagled eyed among you might have noticed the PC Building Simulator Discord announcement mentioning a new community manager focused on the game, Sam ‘Caliburn’ Hills. We’re looking forward to stepping things up with more exciting community centred content and having a greater presence on existing platforms. Special thanks to Amy who’s been looking after everyone is still working with us on other titles.
Stay up to date!
Want to keep up with us between blog posts? Hang out and ask us questions in real time? Join us on all our official platforms here:
The PC Building Simulator Team