Marketing - Full-time
PR Manager – Remote
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a PR Manager to join TIC.
Inspired by the different passions of players across the world, The Irregular Corporation is a global publisher of unique and engaging games with a focus on supporting independent developers to help realise the full potential of their game.
We’re a remote working organisation, so you can work from anywhere. We use instant messaging, video calls and documentation to communicate, and we all get together in London once a quarter (frequency may change).
As a group, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
We’re looking for a PR Manager to coordinate our global PR activities across all of the exciting indie games in our portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop a communication plan for each game including strategy, goals and tactics
- Incorporate influencer and content creator strategy and work closely with the community managers
- Pitch stories and new content to marketing managers and dev teams
- Work closely with brand managers to ensure the messaging fit the game’s brand
- Work closely with external PR agencies to cover the globe when applicable
- Coordinate all public relation activities across multiple games
- Liaise media inquiries and interview requests with different stakeholders
- Be on top of both global and local gaming events and recommend what is suitable
- Organize and manage events, exhibitions and press tours when applicable
- Research, write and distribute press releases
- Gather and analyse media coverage
- Write and present a final report after each communication beat
- Work with Community Managers to bring in Influencer activity around key beats
- Research influencers who apply to create content and send keys to those who are most suitable
- Monitor influencer content creation
We are looking for an experienced PR Manager with 3+ years of experience in the gaming industry.
You will be:
- Beyond organised, with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of independence.
- Able to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable speaking at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- A deep understanding of marketing and community channels
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent editing skills
- Proven track record of executing public relation campaigns
Nice to have:
- BA/MA in communication or marketing or a related field
- Background in working with UK based media
- Experience working with influencers and knowledge of Influencers within the indie space
- Additional languages
Want to Work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us?
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. Alongside your CV, we’d love to see a personal cover letter outlining what you’d bring to this role, and 2-3 short case studies of PR campaigns you’re most proud of. In each case study please clearly state the role you played in delivering the campaign, and include some info on the strategy, execution and results.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can’t always guarantee this.Apply