QA - Full-time
Gaming QA Manager – Remote
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such, we are looking to hire a QA
Manager to join us at The Irregular Corporation. We are a successful independent games publisher, focusing on releasing original games for niche markets and communities. Find out more about us here: https://theirregularcorporation.com/
We’re a small, fun and nimble team of experienced professionals, with every member having direct input on strategy, decision making and company performance. Due to the success of recent launches and rapid growth of the company, we’re excited to be expanding our team!
We’re a remote working organisation, so you can work from anywhere. We use instant messaging, video calls and documentation to communicate, and we all get together in London once a quarter (frequency may change).
We’re looking for a QA Manager who will be responsible for managing QA related processes across our growing catalogue of games. You’ll be playing a key role in the company, working closely with key stakeholders and external development partners to plan, adapt and execute best practice QA to the highest possible quality standards using our external QA partners.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the production team to plan efficient use of external QA resource to maintain a high-quality standard in our games.
- Managing external QA partners to align them with our schedules and maximising their efficiency.
- Creation and maintenance of test plans for games going into QA to ensure the best coverage possible.
- Maintaining bug databases to ensure smooth development and QA process.
- Budgeting and tracking QA costs across multiple projects.
- Evaluating existing and new QA partners to ensure we are getting the best service possible.
- Testing titles internally at key development stages to provide feedback to stakeholders.
The person for this role will be highly knowledgeable on all QA disciplines (Functional, Localisation, Certification, Compatibility) and best practice processes to achieve consistent quality.
- Enthusiastic about the whole QA process and eager to evolve it as needed.
- Beyond organised, with a proven system for capturing, prioritising and executing tasks across multiple projects
- The best communicator with an eye for detail and an incredible ability to multi-task
- Extremely versatile to easily adapt to changing schedules and priorities.
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely with a high degree of independence
- Passionate about games!
- Experience with all types of bug databases and production tools.
- The ability to write clear and concise test plans.
- Proven ability to find bugs and record them clearly.
- Extensive knowledge of all QA processes and testing methodologies.
- Experience managing external QA teams.
- The ability to identify gaps in testing and find effective solutions.
- Experience managing budgets across multiple projects.
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing a QA team.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Want to Work for Us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries and many other benefits – plus you can work from anywhere!
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high-quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
Tips for ApplyingAs a people-first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. Alongside your CV, we’d love to see a personal cover letter outlining what you’d bring to this role – even better if you can include reasons why you think QA is an important cog in the development process.Apply